Junior IT Support 24/7
Working for a Point of Sale (POS) platform building company, we are looking to complement our team to work on the project aimed for Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) and retail domains.
Our client is a product company and a major player in the POS domain, which has already released several POS-platforms, Back of House management systems, data management system and a set of web applications (designed to create corporative websites), widely used in the USA by quick service restaurants.
The end market involves well over 100,000 onsite installations. The client already has great influence on QSR industry in the USA and actively conquers European market (Spain and Great Britain in perspective).
Your role will be working shifts (evening and night hours, weekends and holidays) as a part of 24/7 IT team supporting servers for one of the largest QSR Networks in the US. This will include fast reaction and triage to numerous IT support requests and alerts, mainly involving checks and restarts of services. The triage will follow the prescribed guidelines.
- Intermediate English and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server and Linux OS
- Ability to review and analyze information coming from Site 24x7, New Relic and Trend Micro monitoring and reporting tools
- Ability to remotely log into servers to get logs, check event logs, and clear queues (via remote desktop)
- Validate that Windows Services are running
- Ability to stop and restart services
- Exposure to the Amazon and/or Softlayer Cloud Services
- Experience with Amazon webservices management console
- Accuracy in logging and documenting your own work
- Ability to follow rules
- Consistent ability to follow and adhere to production support processes and procedures
- Problem solving
- Ability to identify connections between issues
- Basic knowledge of NGINX
- Objectivity and ability to analyze facts. Logical thought processes in approaching issues