Working for a Point of Sale (POS) platform building company, we are looking to complement our team to work on this project, aimed at restaurant business and retail domains.
Our client is a product company and a major player in the POS domain, having already released several POS-platforms, Back of House (BOH) management systems, data management systems and a set of web applications (designed to create corporate websites), widely used in the USA by restaurants.
Our flagship product - the POS - is designed to work in "offline-first" mode (in case of network interruptions) to create orders and synchronize with Cloud data storage and/or other systems, support third-party software, and be integrated with an extensive list of hardware devices.
The end market involves well over 100,000 onsite installations. The client already has great influence on the restaurant industry in the USA and has actively conquered the European market (Spain and Great Britain in particular).
You will have the opportunity to gain rewarding experience and be a part of the team developing the next big thing in the restaurant industry.
Your primary tasks will include:
- Creating internal user guides and technical documentation
- Converting complex technical concepts into text and pictures
- Drawing UML diagrams (user flows, project architecture, etc.), creating visuals (presentations, reports, charts, etc.)
- Supporting and updating documentation
- Interacting with the team, gathering and analyzing information
- Proofreading documentation written by developers
- Writing meeting notes, release notes, etc.
- Working with Confluence on a daily basis.
- Good spoken English (B2+)
- Advanced written English (C1+)
- Experience in maintaining technical documents
- Experience in working with a wiki and markup language
- Experience in creating UML diagrams (Sequence, Activity diagrams) is a plus. The desire to learn is a must.
- Technical background (development experience would be a plus)
- Applied linguistics education
- 18-20 paid time off days per year
- 5 absence due to illness days and 21 day of extraordinary medical leave per year
- Medical Insurance and Healthcare Kit
- Extensive corporate professional training programs, workshops, ESL and conferences
- Team buildings, corporate parties and Dev-Pro Hangouts
- Relocation package
- Visa support