Intermediate DevOps Engineer
We are building the next big thing in the restaurant technology industry.
Our client is a product company that develops and manufactures point of sale (POS) and signage solutions for quick service and fast casual restaurants.
Its product suite covers the full cycle of restaurant operations, including in-store POS platform, Digital Menu Boards, etc.
The team is mature. All the people you will be dealing with are professionals with over 20 years’ experience in the POS and IT business.
Your area of responsibility will be a system that manages POS devices inside a restaurant, their backend and frontend modules, how they interact with payment terminals, between each other and also their configuration from the manager terminal.
If you are interested in learning new things about software solutions for the QSR (Quick Service Restaurants) industry, this is a job for you.
Your responsibilities will include identifying and automating routine system administration tasks, creating RPM packages, scripts to enforce uniform and repeatable configurations, and working with different product development teams to help determine and implement new software stack requirements.
The ideal candidate looks to innovate and is not content with repetitive tasks.
What you will do?
- Configure build server to improve CI/CD pipelines
- Assist in the development of infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Enhance visibility and awareness with dashboards, escalations and alerts, while documenting the process for others to follow
- Develop and maintain management configuration solutions
- Develop and test automation frameworks in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure/datacenter
- Create tools to help the team make the most of the available infrastructure
- Create scripts to validate deployed systems
- Deep knowledge in containers and orchestration tools (Docker, K8S, Yocto etc.)
- Experience of installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as MySQL, MariaDB, and NGINX
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, networking protocols
- Proficiency with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- RHEL/CentOS Administration
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities
- Must possess an automation mindset
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux/Unix
- Familiarity with the Gearman and RabbitMQ application framework
- Logical Volume Management
- Familiarity with RPM packaging
- SSL/TLS Protocols (securing servers, generating, and validating certificates)
- Strong understanding of operational practices around performance monitoring, fault monitoring and general tools related to system management (Solarwinds toolkit [Orion, LEM, NPM], Splunk, ELK Stack, Wireshark)
- Strong understanding of modern operating environments and disciplines: firewalls, proxies, certificates, network, security (LDAP, SAML), etc.
- Experience of installing, configuring, and maintaining application and web servers (Apache, NGINX)
- Application deployment and configuration experience
- Awareness of information security, resolving security vulnerabilities, and intrusion prevention
- Ability to design and implement Disaster Recovery, failover, and Active/Active systems in conjunction.
- Experience with multiple Bridge, Multiple VLAN and Bond configuration in Redhat/Centos virtual environments