Chief Administrative Officer
Dev-Pro is a US-based outsource software development company with 6 years’ experience, a team of 400+ professionals as of June 2018, offices in Kharkiv, Kyiv, Dnipro, Lviv and Charlotte (the last four launched late 2017/early 2018) and long-term partnerships with more than 20 clients from the US and Europe. Dev-Pro successfully works with projects of various size and complexity, from innovative startups to market leaders, due to its established infrastructure and flexible management. One of our clients is a major player in the Point of Sale (POS) domain in US market. Other projects are in different business domains including: education, real estate, finance, and travel/booking. We envision ourselves as a company of 500-600 people by the end of 2018, with the main development office in Kharkiv and fully operating offices in Kyiv, Lviv, Dnipro and Charlotte. Having set such an ambitious goal for growth, we are now facing an exciting period of adapting company structure and processes to the new reality. One of the steps we are taking is to extend our C-level management team by introducing the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) role.
Role description:The CAO will be part of Dev-Pro’s top management team, currently consisting of the CTO (Chief Technical Officer), the COO (Chief Operating Officer) and the CTAO (Chief Talent Acquisition Officer), all reporting directly to the Dev-Pro president. The CAO will be in charge of the company infrastructure, including facilities, process framework and IT. The CAO will manage 3 departments within Dev-Pro:
- Facilities Department (6-10 FTE)
- Process Management Department (3-5 FTE)
- Office IT Department (5-7 FTE)
We now have strong Heads of Facilities and IT, so the main focus is expected on Process Management direction. Introduction Process Management Department is one of the newly made decisions and we don’t yet have them formed and integrated into the Company structure.
We are looking for a CAO who will be ready to take on the challenge, as a part of top management team, to take Dev-Pro to its new size, new markets and a higher level of efficiency. To do this, he/she will effectively build the departments, organize and streamline their work, integrate them smoothly into the company structure, introduce performance metrics and ensure the departments’ efficiency.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious specialist who is able to work in a fast-changing environment and wants to fulfil his/her professional potential as a top manager of one of the fastest growing IT companies in Ukraine. It’s important for us that the person in this position will be able to adopt and truly share Dev-Pro CORE values: effective Communication, Openness, Reliability and Education. We are building a culture in which people understand the importance of visibility, transparency and fast information-sharing. We encourage people to ask questions and share their thoughts openly, and we expect the management team to keep their people by explaining their decisions to them. Trust and reliability are important to us as a company, both when we work with our clients and in dealings with our staff. We would expect the CAO to become an “evangelist” of this vision and approach.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT
- 2+ years’ experience in a C-level position with a 200+ people company, or in a middle-management position with a 600+ people company
- Experience managing multiple teams of 5+ people
- Interpersonal skills to create an environment of cooperation, teamwork, and motivation for staff
- Solid understanding of business functions
- Experience in Process Management (experience with ISO 27001, PCI DSS, ITIL will be a plus)
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting
- Vendor management
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
- Ability to perform effectively despite frequent interruptions, fluctuating workloads and conflicting time demands
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment and to work underpressure
- Intermediate+ English