Intermediate JS Developer
We are building the next big thing in the restaurant technology industry.
For more than 30 years, our client has partnered with leading quick service and fast-casual restaurants in employing best-of-breed restaurant technologies to grow their businesses. Through one powerful platform, it delivers an end-to-end suite of purpose-built solutions for quick service and fast-casual brands, franchisees and restaurant managers to effectively manage, control and standardize their processes, all the while capturing the data needed to drive continuous improvement and greater profitability.
Your work will be the integration of several third-party delivery services to the platform so that customers’ orders are forwarded to a designated point of sale in the designated restaurant and a delivery person can grab it and deliver it to the customer. Also, you will improve the existing code using best development practices (CI/CD, improving Git flow, etc.). The project operates in 2-week SCRUM sprints.
Most of the software engineering work performed in this role will be based on the NodeJS EC6+ based services and a number of frameworks adopted within the project (open source and proprietary).
- Build web services to be consumed by internal and external customers
- Develop unit and system tests for the code developed yourself and by others
- Produce technical specifications and code documentation
- Design and develop the SQL data structures needed to support new development efforts
- Perform application performance analysis and tuning
- Conduct and participate in training sessions
- Identify and recommend process improvements
- Estimate level of effort and forecast completion targets
- 2+ years’ experience in web development
- Ability to write high performance, reusable code
- Knowledge of API design practices, serialization and envelope types (e.g. XML Soap, XML-RPC, JSONP, JSON-RPC, and Protocol Buffer, etc.)
- Solid understanding of HTTP protocol and its components, such as headers and cookies
- Solid understanding of security vulnerabilities and limitations, such as CORS, CSRF, and XSS
- Good understanding of advanced design patterns and components, such as asynchronous execution, promises, multithreading, and WebSockets
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex defects with debugger and profiler tools
- Experience with unit and application test processes and tools
- Proficiency with modular development concepts and package management tools
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Working knowledge of Git-based version control systems
- At least basic understanding of bash commands
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Experience with CI/CD/CD such as CircleCI, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipeline, etc.
- 18-20 paid time off days per year
- 5 absence due to illness days and 21 day of extraordinary medical leave per year
- Medical Insurance and Healthcare Kit
- Extensive corporate professional training programs, workshops, ESL and conferences
- Team buildings, corporate parties and Dev-Pro Hangouts
- Relocation package
- Visa support